I'm headed to WWDC 2016 next week for the first time ever! I'm packing and repacking and re-repacking my gear bag throughout the week. Here's what I'll (tentatively) be taking with me.
Holy cow, WWDC 2016 is less than a week away! So excite. Much wow. Very yes. I'm getting packed and pumped to head to San Francisco for Apple's latest event, and that means gathering up my gear for the trip. Here's most of the gear I'll be taking with me!
- Timbuk2 Shotwell Backpack: I've had this bag since my freshman year in college, and I love it with all my heart. Sadly, Timbuk2 stopped making this bag at some point — a travesty! It's important for me to look like I'm not carrying a bunch of stuff even when I am, and that's what's great about the Shotwell. The pockets and pouches are sewn in such a way that they bulge into the bag, not out. It's a good-looking bag that (because it's made by Timbuk2) has lasted me ages and will continue to do so. Even with its slimming technology, this bag can hold quite a bit and remain comfortable to boot! Oh, did I mention it has a bottle opener on the shoulder strap? It has a bottle opener on the shoulder strap.
- 15-inch MacBook Pro: It's the cornerstone of Sargent Industries, which is what I'm now officially calling my personal brand. Despite its slim slimness, this machine can render video and hit the ground running with Photoshop at the same time. There's no other way to put it: I love my MacBook Pro.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard: Hello, beautiful! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The iPad Pro is my favorite device on which to write. I feel more focused and I love the sound and feeling of the Smart Keyboard keys.
- Apple Pencil: What's an iPad Pro without an Apple Pencil? Not as much fun, that's what! Truth be told, I probably won't use the Apple Pencil all that much while I'm in San Francisco, but I'm bringing it along just in case.
- iPhone 6s Plus with iPhone 6s Plus Silicone Charcoal Gray Case: I'd be lost without you, iPhone 6s Plus! I use my iPhone more than any other electronic device in my possession.
- Space Gray Apple Watch Sport: Who has two thumbs and's going to be filling up his fitness bands in the California sun? This guy! My Apple Watch will help me keep an eye on the notifications from my iPhone without having to pull it out in each and every instance.
- Bose QuietComfort 20 headphones: I went to CES earlier this year and it was the first time I'd been on a plane in awhile. I'd forgotten how loud airplanes are! I had some measly earbuds that I couldn't hear over that roar, and that made for a less-than-enjoyable trip. But this time I'm prepared! I charged up these bad boys for the first time the other night, tried them on with Coffitivity playing in the background, and nearly lost my mind! These things are freaky good — well worth the cost.
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Mini: You won't catch me traveling without Bae, otherwise known as this 2,500 mAh power station battery pack thingy. I can plug in anything that charges via USB and let's be real: This thing is slick! It's tiny and good-looking; I'm happy to have it along for the ride.
- Various goodies:
- Aspirin: Fun fact: If you're going to take an NSAID for a hangover, use Aspirin. Most of the other stuff will do to your kidneys and liver what the alcohol is already doing. Not good.)
- Tylenol: For headaches and other aches and pains
- Airborne Dual-Action Immune Support Tablets: Because I am a paranoid human who doesn't want to get sick
- Germ-X: Because I am a paranoid human who doesn't want to get sick
- Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes: Because I am a paranoid human who doesn't want to get sick
- Travel Lint Roller: Because lint is everywhere
- Gold Bond Body Powder: This is the holy grail of living a happy life. I finally listened to Aaron Draplin and picked up some Gold Bond, and now my life is forever changed. If you want to be cool, dry, and frictionless everywhere you go (particularly in sunny California), get some Gold Bond and cover yourself in it — you won't regret it.
- Gum and mints: Because lots of talking after lots of coffee
There are other cables and various tidbits that'll inevitably end up in my bag, but these are the most important pieces to the WWDC puzzle. My wallet will, of course, be part of my daily carry, a pen or two will be on my person, and so will my sunglasses.
Be sure to check out iMore for everything you need to know about the big event! The keynote starts at 10am PT/1pm ET on Monday, June 13, as does our live coverage.
Previously, on Gear Bags
- Read: What's in Rene's gear bag
- Read: What's in Lory's gear bag
- Read: What's in Serenity's gear bag
- Read: What's in Daniel's gear bag