Users of the well known Mac virtual machine software Parallels can now purchase an updated Parallels Mobile from the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It will allow you to not only access any of your Parallels virtual machines -- for example, that Windows 7 you're running on your MacBook -- from your device. Simply log in to your Parallels account and you'll have instant access to any of your Parallels VMs.
Parallels Mobile offers the following features:
- Use any of your Windows applications, from Internet Explorer to Outlook
- Remotely start, stop any of your applications.
- Stay connected via WiFi or 3G networks
- Control your Mac just like you control Windows (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
- Play back music and audio files remotely - see and hear Flash video on your iPad or iPhone (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
- Copy and paste text between your mobile device and Windows programs (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
There isn't support for Windows Aero and some features depend upon the version of Parallels Desktop you have installed. It's available in the App Store for an introductory price of $4.99. Standard pricing will be $19.99.
[$4.99 - App Store Link]]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Catch some rays and stay green with these solar keyboards for your Mac
Picking out a new keyboard for your Mac can be tough, but having something that’s efficient, easy-to-charge, and is good for the environment is a bonus.