What you need to know
- Apple has released iCloud for Windows 12.5.
- The new release includes a password manager app.
- It also adds the ability to sync passwords across devices with Microsoft Edge.
iCloud for Windows just got a lot better at managing all of those passwords.
Spotted by iMore alumni Rene Ritchie, iCloud for Windows 12.5 has added in a new password manager app as well as a host of other new features:
iCloud for Windows version 12.5 is live with a new password manager app
- Closed lock with key Access and manage passwords
- Downwards arrow Part of the iCloud app on Windows Store
- Earth globe europe-africa Works with MS Edge, G Chrome
- Lock Encrypted database, extension uses encrypted channel
As explained by Apple on the Windows Store, the latest version not only includes the new iCloud Passwords app but also allows you to sync passwords across devices in the Microsoft Edge browser via an extension:
- View and manage your saved passwords on your Windows PC with the new iCloud Passwords app
- Sync your passwords across devices and PC in Edge using the iCloud Passwords Extension
iCloud for Windows was originally launched in February of 2019. The app allows Apple users to sync a number of things from iCloud to their Windows laptop or desktop, including iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, and now Passwords.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.