Apple has released Classroom, its app for managing iPads in classrooms. It needs to be configured with an education configuration profile, and it requires an iPad running iOS 9.3 or later. Once properly set up, teachers can use Classroom to open apps and web pages, assign iPads, and much more on their students' devices.
With Classroom, teacher can do the following:
Assign Shared iPads to students
- Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student devices
- Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
- Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus, or pause student work
- Launch any app, website, or book on student devices with a tap
- Lock devices into a single app to help students focus
- Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
See what your students see with Screen View
- See an overview of all student screens at once
- Focus on a single student screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
- Showcase the great work your students are doing to the class
- Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student's screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
- Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize student devices using groups
- Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
- Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
- Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Teachers can grab Classroom from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.