Apple has released Classroom, its app for managing iPads in classrooms. It needs to be configured with an education configuration profile, and it requires an iPad running iOS 9.3 or later. Once properly set up, teachers can use Classroom to open apps and web pages, assign iPads, and much more on their students' devices.
With Classroom, teacher can do the following:
Assign Shared iPads to students
- Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student devices
- Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
- Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus, or pause student work
- Launch any app, website, or book on student devices with a tap
- Lock devices into a single app to help students focus
- Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
See what your students see with Screen View
- See an overview of all student screens at once
- Focus on a single student screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
- Showcase the great work your students are doing to the class
- Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student's screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
- Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize student devices using groups
- Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
- Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
- Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Teachers can grab Classroom from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Plugable's UD-6950Z Dock may be built for Windows but it saved my Mac
I had to jump through hoops to uninstall the macOS developer beta and reinstall Catalina and the Plugable docking station made it all possible.
Nudget nudges you in the right direction when it comes to budgeting
Struggling with keeping a budget? Yeah, it's hard. Nudget is an app that makes it a little easier.
New EU regulations target App Store, empowering developers
The EU has introduced new regulations and measures to help protect developers and publishers who deal with storefronts like the App Store.
Train insane with the best fitness trackers for triathletes
These fitness trackers are the cream of the crop when it comes to health and fitness tracking for triathlon training. Which tracker will you need? Here's what our research shows.