What you need to know
- The Arlo app has been updated to version 2.1.0.
- The update adds Dark Mode support.
- Improved two-step veriication is also included.
Following the announcement that some Arlo cameras now support HomeKit, the Arlo app has also been updated. Along with the HomeKit improvements the update also brings Dark Mode support for the first time.
The inclusion of Dark Mode support means people can make using the app easier on the eyes during the night time, according to the release notes.
Those same release notes (via 9to5Mac) also mention unspecified improvements to how two-step verification is handled – something that's important for an app that gives people complete access to your home security camera system.
- Dark Mode for iOS 13 has arrived! Enabled from iOS system settings, streaming a camera or checking a video recording is easier on your eyes with Dark Mode, especially at night. We've also freshened up some of the UI colors within the app.
- HomeKit support for Arlo Ultra cameras, as well as Pro2 and Pro cameras connected to a SmartHub (VMB5000).
- Two-step Verification: We've made it easier to add and manage trusted devices and methods. Change Email Address: Located within Profile > Login Settings, you can now update your Arlo account email address.
The Arlo app has also undergone some bug squashing with the company noting that there has been some server-side work to improve notifications etc.
Additionally, over the past few weeks, we've resolved some bugs at the server-level, including notifications without recordings and recordings outside of activity zones.
The new Arlo update is avialable for download now and the app is free for everyone. You'll need a compatible Arlo camera system in order to make use of it, though.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
WeChat ban has been blocked by U.S. District Court
The Trump administration's ban on WeChat was set to go into effect today, but a U.S. district court judge just blocked it.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
These HomeKit cameras work with iOS14's Face Recognition and Activity Zones
iOS 14 brings some powerful new capabilities to HomeKit Secure Video-enabled cameras like Face Recognition and Activity Zones. Here's all of the cameras and doorbells that support the latest and greatest HomeKit features.