BabyBump is a pregnancy tracking application for the iPhone, and excellent for both mothers- and dads-to-be or anyone interested in following someone's pregnancy.
The home screen of BabyBump displays your chosen avatar, name, how many weeks and days you are along in your pregnancy, what trimester you're in, and how many days left until your due date. BabyBump is divided into 8 different sections:
- Weekly info - This is my favorite section. BabyBump gives the approximate length and weight of your baby and compares his/her size to a fruit or vegetable. It also provides information about your Baby's developmental stage, what to expect with your body, and a health tip.
- Journal - Here is where can record your weight, waist size, moods, and appointments. You can view charts of your weight and waist changes.
- Photos - A place to store photos.
- Birth - This is an excellent section of BabyBump. There is a very tasteful and informative video of the birth process, a list of newborn essential items that you need for Baby's arrival, and a checklist of your birth plan. When your baby is born, come to this section to create a quick birth announcement and send directly to Twitter, Facebook, and email.
- Kick counter - A nice timer to record kick sessions.
- Contractions - A similar counter to record contractions.
- Baby names - An organized list of 1000 boy and 1000 girl names. You can store a list of favorite names and add any names that aren't on the list.
- Community - This is a forums board. There are many different forum categories including a section for dads!
I have been using BabyBump since December and have seen multiple updates and improvements in the past months. BabyBump is an excellent iPhone companion for pregnancy; in fact, it's a must-have app for anyone pregnant.
[$4.99 - iTunes link]
- Weekly updates on your baby's development
- Charts of your weight and waist size
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, or email
- Active forums
- Excellents birth plan and newborn essential lists
- Regular updates
- Cannot record measurements in quarter units (i.e. 36.75 inches)
- Information under "Body" and "Health Tip" are sometimes rather repetitive.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Some expensive cars can't run CarPlay, but this Raspberry Pi 3 can
You can buy some very expensive cars that don't support CarPlay yet, but someone managed to make it work with their Raspberry Pi 3.
What MWC 2020's cancellation means for the tech industry — and you
Amid growing concerns about the threat posed by coronavirus, Mobile World Congress 2020, one of the year's biggest tech events, was cancelled last week. Here's what it means for the industry, vendors, and consumers.
You might soon be able to set default apps on iPhones, iPads, and HomePods
Hell has frozen over. Pigs are flying. And cats and dogs are living together in perfect harmony
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket!