What you need to know
- After several years on the market, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe received a Booster Course Pass expansion comprised of waves of content.
- Players who own Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can purchase the Booster Course Pass or receive access through the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscription service.
- The second wave of content releases on August 4, 2022.
Mario Kart 8 initially released on the Nintendo Wii U, with two DLC packs available for purchase. After the release of the Nintendo Switch, the game received a port in the form of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which featured all the DLC from the Wii U version as well as an updated battle mode.
Players would agree that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the definitive way to play the game, but few expected an entire Booster Course Pass expansion to be announced for the beloved racing game.
With six waves of content planned featuring eight courses each, the Booster Course Pass will double the game's content, making it a worthy buy for Mario Kart fans. Nintendo recently announced in a tweet that the second wave of content was on the way, with the Turnip and Propeller Cups.
Gas up your karts and put on a new set of tires, Wave 2 of the #MarioKart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass arrives 8/4!Available to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members at no additional cost, or on its own as paid DLC.https://t.co/n63HADbIyQ pic.twitter.com/jk2oEJhLFTJuly 28, 2022
Mario Kart fans can access this extra content either by purchasing the Booster Course Pass directly, or by subscribing to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.
Featured in the Turnip Cup are:
- New York Minute from Mario Kart Tour on mobile
- Mario Circuit 3 from Super Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Kalimari Desert from Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo 64
- Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart DS on the Nintendo DS
Featured in the Propeller Cup are:
- Sydney Sprint from Mario Kart Tour on mobile
- Snow Land from Mario Kart: Super Circuit on the Game Boy Advance
- Mushroom Gorge from Mario Kart Wii on the Nintendo Wii
- Sky-high Sundae, a never-before-seen track not featured in any other game
The second wave of content is set to release next week on August 4, 2022.
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.