Square Cash, the payment service app that lets you send and receive money with just a few taps, was updated with the ability to add your Cash Virtual Card to Apple Pay. This makes it possible for you to take advantage of Apple Pay's ultra secure payment service anywhere it is accepted, even with your Apple Watch. Here's how to set it up.
- How to enable your Square Cash account with Apple Pay
- How to use Square Cash as your Apple Pay payment option on iPhone
- How to use Square Cash as your Apple Pay payment option on Apple Watch
- How to remove your Square Cash account from Apple Pay
How to enable your Square Cash account with Apple Pay
You may have already been prompted to add your Cash Virtual Card to Apple Pay. If you didn't set it up automatically when prompted, you can add it manually.
- Launch the Cash app from your Home screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap My Cash under the Funds section.
- Scroll down and tap Add to Apple Pay under your Virtual Card.
You can now use Apple Pay to make payments with your Square Cash account.
How to use Square Cash as your Apple Pay payment option on iPhone
When you're ready to make a purchase, you can use Apple Pay at participating locations and then choose Square Cash instead of your default card.
- Hold your iPhone near the payment reader. Do not rest your finger on Touch ID.
- When your default card appears, swipe it down.
- Select the Cash Virtual Card.
- Rest your finger on Touch ID.
How to use Square Cash as your Apple Pay payment option on Apple Watch
The process to switch to the Square Cash Virtual Card on Apple Watch is similar to the process on iPhone.
- Double-click the side button.
- When your default card appears, swipe to the left.
- Select your Cash Virtual Card.
- Hold your Apple Watch near the payment reader.
How to remove your Square Cash account from Apple Pay
If you decide that you no longer want your Square Cash Virtual Card linked to Apple Pay, you can remove it. You can always add it back at a later time if you change your mind again.
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Tap the Cash Virtual Card.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Remove Card.
Do you have any questions about adding or using your Square Cash Virtual Card with Apple Pay? Put 'em in the comments and we'll help you out.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).