Facebook's default status is to automatically play the video once it loads. I'd prefer it not to do that, because I don't like my attention — or my Mac's attention — getting hijacked like that. There's an easy way to fix the video auto-play problem. It doesn't involve mucking up your Mac with content blocking software or web browser plug-ins. It's right there in Facebook's preferences.
Once you've changed this setting, you will see video thumbnails on Facebooks, with a big white play button in the center. Clicking on the video will start it.
How to turn off Facebook video auto play on your Mac
- Open Facebook in your web browser.
- Click the downward facing arrow on the right side of Facebook's navigation bar.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Videos in the left sidebar, below Support Box.
- Auto Play Videos is the second option in that window. Its default setting is to automatically play videos. If you click the Default button, you can change it to On or Off.
- Click on the Facebook icon in the upper left corner of the window or close the web browser and you're done.
Now you won't have to worry about anything annoying, disturbing, or downright offensive smacking you in the eyes every time you open your Facebook feed.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple facing lawsuit over claims it concealed falling iPhone demand
A judge has ruled that Apple can sued over comments made by Tim Cook during a call in 2018.
Apple is reopening the last five Italian Apple Stores tomorrow
Italy has been one of the worst-hit regions in terms of coronavirus but Apple is reopening the last five of its stores in the country as of tomorrow.
New report claims the next iPad Air will switch to USB-C just like iPad Pro
Could the next iPad Air be the second iPad to move away from Lightning? One report thinks so.
Take your iPad Air 3 to the next level with a great pair of headphones
A great pair of headphones is the perfect way to take your iPad experience to the next level. But which ones are the best fit for you? Here are some great options for you.