iOS 8.1 was released a short time ago. Among the hallmark features are the addition of Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, along with new features and functionality like MMS/SMS Handoff support on supported Macs. There's a lot of other stuff besides. Here's the complete list, according to Apple's release notes:
- Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)
- Photos includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled.
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos
- Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages to not be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging
- Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
- Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
- Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
- Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G or LTE networks for cellular data
- Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
- Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, separate from Siri
- Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background
- Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on a tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting. Bluetooth keyboards and Braille displays with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
Have you updated? Let me know in the comments!
Ted Lasso's AFC Richmond has a Twitter account and now you know it exists
"Ted Lasso" is an Apple TV+ show that's taken social media by storm. So it stands to reason that Lasso's team is doing the same.
Report: Apple U1 chip coming to AirPods Studio, AirTags more than tracking
Apple's rumored AirPods Studio will include the U1 ultra-wideband chip, according to an anonymous leaker. They also suggest that we will see Apple's AirTags do more than just track things.
Apple has its first Primetime Emmy with Billy Crudup and 'The Morning Show'
Apple TV+ has its first Primetime Emmy win on the board and it surely won't be the last.
Protect your Apple Watch Series 6 with these great screen protectors
When you're wearing your Apple Watch everywhere you go, it's prone to get scuffed up. The good news is you can protect your Apple Watch's surface with a screen protector — here are the best Apple Watch Series 6 screen protectors.