What you need to know
- The entire suite of iWork apps has been updated today.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote have all been updated to version 12.1.
- The update brings new features to the productivity apps on iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and iCloud.
Apple has released updates to all of its iWork apps.
The latest version of Pages adds a number of notable features to the writing app, including the ability to mail merge:
- Use mail merge to quickly create personalised letters, cards and envelopes for multiple recipients
- Select from stylish new templates for event invitations and student certificates
- Export your Pages documents as TXT files
The latest version of Keynote adds additional transition animation options and new animated themes:
- Add subtle movement and visual interest to your presentation with dynamic backgrounds that move continuously as you transition from slide to slide
- Select from new animated themes featuring dynamic backgrounds
- Skip or unskip all slides in a collapsed group
Numbers has the least exciting update. While the latest version does not have any new features, it does offer a performance improvement:
- Improved performance when inserting rows and columns in large tables
All of the latest versions of the apps are available now on the App Store. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are all free to users on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Users also have access to create and edit their documents on the iCloud website.
If you are curious about what other types of office apps are good on the Mac, check out our list of the Best Home Office Software for Working from Home in 2020.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Most of the time with Pages the "new features" boil down to new templates or export options, just as they do here. I'm hoping the Pages update fixes all the egregious UI bugs/mistakes on the macOS version, but then ... no one is talking about those, lol. Because that would be ... "being critical" right? :-)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.