What you need to know
- Meross has released a new HomeKit enabled smart plug.
- The MSS110HK mini plug is now available for purchase on Amazon.
- Latest offering is just the second HomeKit accessory from Meross.
Just days after Apple revealed its existence via a HomeKit accessories page update, the Meross MSS110HK Smart Plug Mini is available now for purchase on Amazon. The miniature plug, available in a 2-pack currently, is just the second HomeKit accessory from the company.
Meross entered the HomeKit arena late last year with its MSS620HK Smart Outdoor Plug, which offers dual-outlets for around half the price of its closest competitor. The latest smart plug is intended for the indoors, and its compact design enables the ability to use 2 of them in the same outlet.
- Compact size allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet.
- Turn appliances on/off from anywhere anytime with your Meross app.
- Maximum 15 Amps and 15 A x 120 V =1800 Watts appliance allowed in US/CA/JP.
- Works with Apple HomeKit*, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Line Clova, SmartThings and IFTTT.
- Create on/off schedules or set auto-off timer routine to work automatically.
- Works with the WiFi you already have. No hub required.
In addition to HomeKit support, the MS1110HK works with Amazon's Alexa and the Google Assistant over Wi-Fi without a hub. Since it works without a hub, Meross notes that in order to control the plug remotely, a HomeKit hub such as an Apple TV or HomePod is required.
Smart home control for less
The Meross MSS1110KH 2-pack offers convenient HomeKit controls that are easy on the wallet. This mini plug also works with Alexa and Google, plus its small size allows for 2 of them to work in the same outlet.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple apologizes over police stations listed as terrorists by Siri
A Siri gaff that listed local police stations when asked "Where are the terrorists?" has been fixed, and Apple has apologized over the issue.
Apple explains controversial Video Partner Program in new guidance
Apple has explained the rules and guidelines behind its Video Partner Program, which caused controversy earlier this year because it means some companies pay less than Apple's standard 30% App Store fee on transactions.
Your iPhone can look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing with these icons
What you need to know People everywhere are creating gorgeous, customized Home screens. A market for stunning icons has popped up, too. These icons make your iPhone look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Only real fans' iPhones look like NookPhones. There's been a big explosion in the number of people customizing their iPhone Home screens of late thanks to...
All the HomeKit-enabled routers available on the market today
HomeKit routers provide much-needed security to the growing smart home device market. Connecting your devices to a HomeKit-enabled router ensures that your home network is safe from outside threats and gives owners control over which devices can connect to the internet.