The folks behind the well-loved physics puzzle series, Cut the Rope, have released a new game called My Om Nom. In it, you get your own adorable little green alien to feed, dress up, and play around with. There are a few simple games to enjoy, but most of it is just about having your own Tamagotchi-style pet. Although it looks like it amounts to little more than Clumsy Ninja with minigames, Om Nom's appeal can't be denied.
Here's a quick look at the game's features.
- YOUR OWN OM NOM! Take good care of the adorable monster from the famous Cut the Rope puzzle. Play with him, bathe him, and feed him regularly with candy!
- INTRODUCING OM NELLE! For the first time ever, a little candy-eating monster girl.
- FUN TO WATCH! See your pet react to you in hundreds of hilarious ways! They get sick when ignored, so make sure that you are caring and attentive.
- UNLEASH CREATIVITY! Give your Om Nom a great new look with hundreds of customization options.
- DECORATE YOUR HOME! From a modest shack to a luxury townhouse. Then visit other players' houses and see who is the better decorator!
- PLAY MINI-GAMES! Send Om Nom on a space trip, or power up your brain with a 'match-three' puzzle.
- SOLVE THE MYSTERY! Complete quests from the Professor to learn about the mysterious origins of Om Nom.
- $4.99 - Download now (opens in new tab)
Editor-at-very-large at Mobile Nations, gamer, giant.
I was really shocked by the price of the game. I'm one where I HATE "free" games but unfortunately I have so come to expect things to be free that I was quite surprised by the $5 price tag associated with this. I'll be interested in a review to see if it's worth it.
I'm really glad it's $4.99. I have no problem paying that and being done paying. This could easily have become one of those "free" games where the in ap purchases form a death by a thousand cuts scenarios.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.