Verizon announced today that they will be flipping the 4G LTE switch tomorrow, August 16th, in 34 new markets while expanding coverage across 38 others. To Verizons credit, their 4G LTE rollout now covers more than 75 percent of the U.S. population making their grand total of areas covered beyond 370 markets.
That's great news for LTE iPad owners who'll now enjoy faster, better download speeds in quite a few new areas plus, it should certainly help Verizon push some iPhone 5 devices that are rumored to have LTE as well. Looking for the full list to see if your area is covered? You'll find it below.
- Hot Springs, Ark.
- Redding, Calif.
- Valdosta and Waycross, Ga.
- Centralia and Danville, Ill.
- Parsons, Salina and Topeka, Kan.
- Alexandria and Monroe, La.
- Pittsfield, Mass.
- Battle Creek and Muskegon, Mich.
- Mankato and Worthington, Minn.
- Joplin and Sedalia, Mo.
- Bismarck, Grand Forks and Minot, N.D.
- Chillicothe, Ohio; Reading, Pa.
- Aberdeen, S.D.
- Laredo, Odessa and Texarkana, Texas
- Brattleboro and White River Junction, Vt.
- Charlottesville, Va.
- Longview, Wash.
- Eau Claire, La Crosse and Manitowoc, Wis.
- Los Angeles and Santa Barbara/Santa Maria, Calif.
- Orlando, Fla.
- Macon/Warner Robins, Ga.
- Bloomington, Champaign/Urbana, Decatur/Effingham and Springfield, Ill.
- Elkhart, Ind.
- Des Moines, Iowa City and Sioux City, Iowa
- Dodge City, Garden City and Great Bend, Kan.
- Lexington and Louisville, Ky.
- New Orleans, La.
- Boston, Mass.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
- Missoula, Mont.
- Las Vegas, Nev.
- Manchester/Nashua, N.H.
- Las Cruces, N.M.
- New York, N.Y.
- Cincinnati, Ohio Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Salt Lake City/Ogden, Utah
- Roanoke, Va.
- Charleston, W.Va
- Green Bay, Wis.
- Additional areas include: Little Rock, Ark., expanding into Batesville, Ark.; Tallahassee, Fla., expanding into Thomasville, Ga.; Burley, Idaho, expanding into Twin Falls, Idaho; Chicago, Ill., expanding into DeKalb, Ill.; and Cedar City, Utah, expanding into St. George, Utah.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Report: Apple U1 chip coming to AirPods Studio, AirTags more than tracking
Apple's rumored AirPods Studio will include the U1 ultra-wideband chip, according to an anonymous leaker. They also suggest that we will see Apple's AirTags do more than just track things.
Apple has its first Primetime Emmy with Billy Crudup and 'The Morning Show'
Apple TV+ has its first Primetime Emmy win on the board and it surely won't be the last.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Tough choice: Pick the iPad (2020) color that's right for you
When it comes to iPad, you have a few color options. Which is the one best for you?