How do you send Apple corrections for bad Maps? From right within Maps!
Maps require eternal vigilance. It's a big world out there filled with tiny, sometimes changing places, and if you find anything wrong with any of them, you can let Apple know. That way, if something is missing, misplaced, or simply moved, you can submit newer, better information and Maps can update for everyone!
What types of corrections can be made?
You can submit updates for any of the following:
- Incorrect labels on Maps
- Missing locations
- Incorrect search results
- Wrong directions
- Incorrect Transit info
How to report an issue
- Launch Maps from the Home screen.
- Tap the Info button in the bottom right corner. It's the blue "i" in a circle.
- Tap Report an Issue.
- Tap Allow to confirm that Apple can follow up via emails with any questions related to your report.
- Tap the kind of issue you're reporting. (in this case, we'll add a missing location)
Drag the pin to the spot on the map missing a location.
- Tap the type of location that's missing (We'll be reporting a missing business)
- Update the form with all pertinent information about the missing location.
Depending on the issue you're reporting, the process is going to be slightly different. Fortunately, Apple includes instructions along the way so you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
Apple might end up contacting you via the email address associated with your iCloud account if they have any follow up questions regarding your report.