Apple Maps offers extensions for specific apps and services. You can, for example, use OpenTable to reserve a spot at your favorite restaurant, use Uber to hail a ride, and visit Yelp to check out reviews of that coffee shop you've been thinking about checking out. Here are all the apps that offer Apple Maps extensions!
What is a Maps extension?
The primary purpose of app extensions is to give you the ability to do things like book a reservation at a restaurant without having to leave the Maps app. This integration will free up your precious time by cutting out the need to switch between different apps.
Apps that have extensions for Maps
Currently, Apple works with four apps to bring extensions into Maps. Here are all of them.
How to enable Maps extensions on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap Maps.
- Choose the type of extensions you wish to turn on under Extensions.
Toggle On the extension you want to enable. Green means it's on.
Note: If you don't see the Extension heading, there are no apps installed on your device with Maps extensions capabilities.
Using Extensions in Apple Maps is pretty easy. Do you have any questions about them? Let us know in the comments.
August 2020: Updated for the latest version of iOS.
- What's new in the Maps app
- How to find locations and get directions with Maps
- How to share location and directions with Maps
- How to delete your search history and prior destinations in Maps
- How to use Siri with Maps
- How to enable and use Maps extensions
- Best Maps app extensions
- How to change settings for Maps
- How to report a problem in Maps
- How to use Maps with CarPlay
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.