How to unsubscribe from Facebook notifications for a particular status, photo, or page with Facebook for iOS
Ever comment on someone's Facebook status or photo from your iPhone or iPad only to find the app incessantly bugging you with notifications every time someone else leaves a comment on that particular status or photo? Worse yet, how about page notifications that you don't remember ever signing up for? Luckily, the Facebook for iOS app lets you unsubscribe from notifications for statuses and photos you've commented on as well as updates for pages.
It's not a very obvious option but we can help you find it. Here's how:
- Launch the Facebook app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner to pull out the main navigation.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Account Settings.
- On the menu that comes up, tap on Notifications.
- In the first section labeled Your Recent Notifications, you can see a list of all the threads and statuses you are subscribed to because you've either been invited to receive them or you've interacted with them. Tap on the Edit button to the right of the one you'd like to remove.
- You should now see a red Unfollow button pop up in its place. Tap it. For pages, it may say Turn Off instead of Unfollow.
That's all there is to it. You will no longer receive notifications for that specific status, page, photo, or post. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!