Never owned an iPhone before? Here's what you can find in the box and what you can expect from the iPhone 6s.
The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus come in a white box with a Lightning cable, white wired EarPods, USB wall adapter, start guide, and two miniature Apple logo stickers. (The Lightning Dock and Silicone Case are separate accessories.)
Whether you have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, the basic build of the devices is the same:
- A series-7000 aluminum casing in gold, rose gold, space grey, or silver
- an Ion-X-strengthened glass front
- SIM slot along the right side of the iPhone, openable with a small paper clip
- 4.7- or 5.5-inch diagonal Retina display with 3D Touch
- 12MP rear iSight camera with TrueTone flash in the upper left corner of the rear casing
- 5MP front-facing FaceTime camera along the top center of the front casing
- Sensor and receiver next to the FaceTime camera for triggering screen brightness and listening to phone calls
- Lightning charging port along the bottom of the phone
- microphone and speakers along the bottom of the phone
- 3.5mm headphone jack along the bottom left corner of the phone
There are five buttons and switches you can engage on the surface of the iPhone:
- The Power On/Off button, along the upper right side of the phone, which turns your screen on and off, and if held, will power down (or power on) your device.
- The Ring/Silent switch along the upper left side of the phone, which mutes or unmutes sounds coming from the device.
- The Volume Up/Down buttons along the upper left side of the phone, which do pretty much what they say on the tin
- The Touch ID Sensor and Home button, which unlocks your phone as well as returns it to the Home screen, engages the Multitasking screen, and more.
Want to know even more about the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus? Check out our getting started guide.