What you need to know
- Apple is already selling refurbished M1 iMacs in its online store.
- Prices start at $1,099 and represent a $200 saving over new iMacs.
Apple is already selling refurbished M1 iMac machines in its online store — so long as you're in the United States.
The machines, which come with Apple's powerful M1 processor with up to 8 CPU cores and 8 GPU cores are speedy little beasts with 21.5-inch displays. Multiple colors are available, with prices starting at $1,099 for those looking for 256GB of storage. Anyone wanting more can get it, with prices going all the way up to $1,799. Savings range from $200 to $300 depending on the model you opt for.
Buying a refurbished M1 iMac is a great way to get your hands on what is very likely to be the best Mac for most people. Apple says that refurbished iMacs come with a 14-day return policy and a full year of warranty thrown in.
All refurbished Mac models are backed by a one-year warranty, have free delivery and returns, and also include:
- Full functional testing, genuine Apple part replacements (if necessary), and a thorough cleaning
- The original Operating System or a more recent version1
- All refurbished devices are repackaged in a brand new box with all accessories and cables
Stocks of refurbished models come and go and I'd suggest ordering as soon as possible if you spot a machine that takes your fancy. Colors include green, blue, silver, and pink at the time of writing but more are likely to pop up as and when stocks allow.
Apple doesn't currently offer an M1 iMac with a screen larger than 21.5 inches, although rumors suggest it's only a matter of time before that changes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.