What you need to know
- Apple has relaxed notarization required for macOS Catalina devices.
- The deadline is now four months away — January 2020.
- This should help developers having issues with adopting notarization.
From Apple Developer Updates:
As a reminder, Mac software distributed outside the Mac App Store must be notarized by Apple in order to run on macOS Catalina. To make this transition easier and to protect users on macOS Catalina who continue to use older versions of software, we've adjusted the notarization prerequisites until January 2020.
You can now notarize Mac software that:
- Doesn't have the Hardened Runtime capability enabled.
- Has components not signed with your Developer ID.
- Doesn't include a secure timestamp with your code-signing signature.
- Was built with an older SDK.
- Includes the com.apple.security.get-task-allow entitlement with the value set to any variation of true.
Notarization only applies to apps not distributed through the Mac App Store. It's an escalation of the previous developer certificate signing process.
Gatekeeper in macOS Catalina, as part of Apple's security precaution, wiil make sure apps are properly notarized before allowing them to run for the first time.
If an app was distributed through the App Store, then it does not require to notarization.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Hell froze over, pigs flew, and Google added Split View to Gmail for iPad
Google's reputation for being awfully slow to adding support for new iOS features is well earned but it's now added support for Split View on iPad. And it only took five years.
'Greyhound' star Tom Hanks isn't a fan of the movie's Apple TV+ debut
Tom Hanks stars in "Greyhound," a movie that should have been hitting cinemas. But COVID-19 put paid to that and Hanks isn't happy he's had to settle for Apple TV+.
Keep your gear charged with this 10000mAh USB-C power bank down to just $9
This power bank features both 18W PD USB-C and Quick Charge 3.0 USB-A ports. It's slim and light and can refill most modern phones at least twice over making it a perfect addition to your daily carry. Use the below coupon to save.
Get a wireless charger for hassle-free charging
Want to try out or love the idea of Qi-charging? These are our favorite wireless chargers for iPhone!