What you need to know
- Apple has published a support document for users of the 2019 13-inch MacBook Pro who are experiencing unexpected shutdowns.
- The documents means Apple has acknowledged the issue officially.
- Hopefully, following the steps will alleviate the issue for users.
Apple has published a support document to its website, acknowledging that the 2019 13-inch MacBook Pro (Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) is experiencing random shutdowns even when the battery seems to have charge.
The document will hopefully serve as a guide to users experiencing these difficulties to try and alleviate the problem. It states:
If your MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) randomly turns off when it still has a charge, these steps might help:
- If your MacBook Pro's battery is less than 90 percent charged, continue to step 2. If your battery is more than 90 percent charged, use your computer until the percentage drops below 90 percent, then continue to step 2.
- Connect your Mac to its power adapter.
- Quit all open applications.
- Close your computer's lid, which puts your Mac in to sleep mode.
- Let your Mac charge for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, update to the latest version of macOS.
- If the issue persists after updating to the latest version of macOS, contact Apple.
The good news is that the fix seems to be relatively straightforward. That is of course if it works. The bad news is that like all such issues, if this doesn't work out for you, you'll need to contact Apple in order to get help.
If you're a user of the MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and you've been experiencing issues, let us know! Better yet, let us know how you get on with these troubleshooting instructions!
SENA Wallet Book Case beautifully protects your iPhone and valuables
This gorgeous case holds your iPhone as well as up to three cards plus cash securely.
'App Store Confidential' is in number one spot on Amazon thanks to Apple
The controversial "App Store Confidential" book is now the number one bestseller on Amazon. All because Apple is trying to get it banned.
AirPods Pro Lite rumors just won't go away with mid-2020 launch suggested
If AirPods and AirPods Pro aren't right for you, what about AirPods Pro Lite? A new report suggests a mid-2020 launch window.
Keep out the crumbs and dust with a keyboard cover for your MacBook Pro
Heard rumblings about the MacBook Pro keyboard being felled by nothing more than a speck of dust? It can happen, so grab one of these keyboard covers and protect yourself.