What you need to know
- Apple has today updates its HIG.
- A Sign In with Apple logo has been added.
- As have new buttons and icons.
Apple has today updated its Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) with a Sign In with Apple button joined by new buttons and icons.
The HIG is Apple's set of guidelines and assets for developers. They are to be used and referenced when apps are being built so as to ensure there's a common theme running through every app on the App Store.
Apple doesn't want to use one Apple Pay logo and then find that developers are using their own. That's where the HIG comes in handy for everyone.
Apple announced the changes via its developer site with the new additions highlighted.
- Sign In with Apple resources added, including:
- New logo (PDF, PNG, and SVG)
- Centered buttons (Sketch, Photoshop, and XD)
- Left-aligned and logo-only buttons (Sketch, Photoshop, and XD)
- Apple Health icon download added
- Apple Pay templates for iPhone and iPad added (Sketch and Photoshop)
- iMessage App and Sticker Pack templates for iPhone and iPad added (Sketch)
- Business Chat design templates added (Sketch)
- iPad portrait keyboard added (Sketch and Photoshop)
- Fixed issue where iPhone XS bezel was 1 pixel larger than display (Sketch)
- Changed contextual menu radius from 20 points to 12 points
- Various bug fixes
Developers can access HIGs for all Apple platforms on Apple's developer website, too.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple Card users can see their annual spending with iOS 14.2 beta 2
Apple Card users with iOS 14.2 beta 2 installed have noticed that they can now see their annual spending for the first time.
You can use a Wii Nunchuck to play iPhone games. But you shouldn't.
The sheer number of things that you can plug into an iPhone will never cease to amaze. But did you ever expect someone to play iPhone games with a Wii Nunchuck?
Epic 'does not dispute' breaking App Store rules in latest filing
In a response to Apple's counterclaim against Epic Games over breach of contract, Epic Games has admitted its payment solution was prohibited by its contractual agreement with Apple, but denies its refusal to go along with Apple's "anti-competitive scheme" was wrong.
Automate your home with the best HomeKit smart plugs around
If you're new to home automation, a smart plug can is a great first step in building out your connected home with its simple plug and play design. Here's our guide to the best smart plugs for HomeKit that you can buy.