What you need to know
- Apple has today updates its HIG.
- A Sign In with Apple logo has been added.
- As have new buttons and icons.
Apple has today updated its Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) with a Sign In with Apple button joined by new buttons and icons.
The HIG is Apple's set of guidelines and assets for developers. They are to be used and referenced when apps are being built so as to ensure there's a common theme running through every app on the App Store.
Apple doesn't want to use one Apple Pay logo and then find that developers are using their own. That's where the HIG comes in handy for everyone.
Apple announced the changes via its developer site with the new additions highlighted.
- Sign In with Apple resources added, including:
- New logo (PDF, PNG, and SVG)
- Centered buttons (Sketch, Photoshop, and XD)
- Left-aligned and logo-only buttons (Sketch, Photoshop, and XD)
- Apple Health icon download added
- Apple Pay templates for iPhone and iPad added (Sketch and Photoshop)
- iMessage App and Sticker Pack templates for iPhone and iPad added (Sketch)
- Business Chat design templates added (Sketch)
- iPad portrait keyboard added (Sketch and Photoshop)
- Fixed issue where iPhone XS bezel was 1 pixel larger than display (Sketch)
- Changed contextual menu radius from 20 points to 12 points
- Various bug fixes
Developers can access HIGs for all Apple platforms on Apple's developer website, too.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple removes Plague Inc. from Chinese App Store
Popular disease-simulation game Plague Inc. has been removed from Apple's Chinese App Store, in a move possibly linked to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak in China.
Your next iPhone might have a removable battery
A leaked document from the European Commission suggests the body may be planning to force manufacturers to make it easier to replace the battery of electronics such as smartphones.
Apple was fairly muted about coronavirus at its shareholder meeting
Despite its prevalence in global media, the coronavirus outbreak barely got a look in at Apple's annual shareholder's meeting yesterday.
Show off your iPhone XS with one of these clear cases
Show off your brand new iPhone XS in all its beauty. Here are some of the best clear cases to show it off.