BGR: iPhone 4.0 to Bring Gestures, Multitasking, More Efficient UI, 3G/3GS Only, New Syncing
The Boy Genius brings the iPhone 4.0 hype with some leaks about Apple's next-generation iPhone OS -- confirming some of what we've heard before with some new tidbits to light our imaginations:
- Global multitouch gestures, leveraged from similar iTablet OS
- Background apps/Multitasking
- UI enhanced for easier, more efficient navigation
- iPhone 3G/3GS only (and presumable 4th gen iPhone later in June)
- Will put iPhone way ahead of smartphone market, more like "full-fledged computer"
- Apple people "really excited"
- New but nebulous syncing for contacts and calendars
As with anything, especially Apple-related anything, we'll never know for 100% certain until Steve, Phil, or Scott hold it up on stage at "Come see our latest creation" but, yeah, we can't wait for next Wednesday either...
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.