Candy Crush Jelly Saga, the third installment of the very popular Candy Crush series, brings you more of the same, addictive, match-three mechanics. You advance through levels of increasing difficulty where you must "spread the jelly everywhere," free the shy Pufflers, or battle the Jelly Queen for control of the board.
Free + IAP - Download now
- Make special candies
- Crack the frosting in different spots over the board to begin
- Choose your moves wisely
- Keep an eye on the Pufflers
- Time cheat to get more moves
1. Make special candies
Matching a number of the same color candies lets you make special candies that help you clear the board more quickly.
This is especially important for Jelly Queen levels where you're going head-to-head against the sticky monarch herself.
Special candy types and what they do
- Striped candy - Match four in a row. Clears an entire row or column, depending on direction of the stripes.
- Candy fish - Match four in a 2x2 square. Fish attacks a random square and eats the candy on it.
- Color bomb - Match five in a row. Powerful spotted candy that clears all candies of the same color as the one it was matched with.
- Wrapped candy - Match five in a T-shape. It will explode when swapped, taking out any candies around it.
- Coloring candy - Match six or more. Changes the color of any candies that it's swapped with. Good for raising the your chances for making special candies.
- Coconut wheel - Randomly appears at later levels. Clears the first candy it's switched with, then converts the next three candies in that row or column to striped candies.
Special candy combinations
All of the special candies can be combined with each other to create other special candies that grant you different benefits.
- Striped candy and wrapped candy - Makes a giant striped candy that clears three rows and 3 columns in a cross shape.
- Striped candy and color bomb - Converts all candies — including special candies — to the color of the original striped candy and activates them.
- Striped candy and jelly fish - Makes three striped fish that convert any eaten candy into striped candies and activates them.
- Striped candy and coconut wheel - Changes a total of six candies into striped candies and activates them.
- Wrapped candy and wrapped candy - It makes the board go boom. It clears out 24 candies in a 5x5 grid surrounding each wrapped candy.
- Wrapped candy and color bomb - Changes every candy of the same color as the wrapped candy into wrapped candies and activates them.
- Wrapped candy and jelly fish - Makes three wrapped jelly fish that turn the candy they eat into wrapped candies.
- Wrapped candy and coconut wheel - Changes an entire row or column of candies into wrapped candies.
- Color bomb and color bomb - Want to clear the entire board, including most obstructions? Match two color bombs together and watch the whole board explode.
- Color bomb and jelly fish - Makes three color bomb jelly fish, which turn any eaten candy into jelly fish and activates them.
- Color bomb and coconut wheel - Turns a row/column of candies into striped candies and activates them.
- Coconut wheel and coconut wheel - Turns a row/column of candies into striped candies and activates them.
2. Crack the frosting in different spots over the board
For Puffler levels, start cracking the frosting randomly across the entire board to find where the shy critters are hiding. Doing this will reveal where you need to concentrate your clearing efforts for later on in the level.
3. Choose your moves wisely
You have five moves in total per three hours and each level may have up to three boards to clear. Think strategically and conserve your moves to get the most benefit out of them. Conversely, don't waste your moves.
A good example of a wasted move is freeing locked pieces. They are usually cleared as you are playing through a level, so unless they're blocking something important, don't waste your time on them.
4. Keep an eye on the Pufflers
In levels where you have to find the Pufflers, they tend to move around as you clear the frosting above them. Sometimes, a tail or head will be revealed. As you reveal more of their bodies, they get overcome with shyness and run away to hide.
When they run, watch where they go. You'll see the rows and columns of candy light up as they pass underneath. If you pay attention, you'll know where they've gone!
5. Time cheat to get more moves
Like most mobile games, Candy Crush Jelly Saga gives you a limited number of moves: you get five turns every three hours.
To get more turns, you can do this trick: In your settings, you have a setting for automatic time zone. Turn this off and set the clock three hours ahead. Fire up the game and play. You can keep advancing the clock three hours at a time.
When you are done playing, be sure to turn on automatic time zone again because fiddling with the time can cause other applications to malfunction.
How much candy have you crushed?
Have you reached the top level in Candy Crush Jelly Saga? Brag about it in the comments below and tell us how you did it!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
It's decision time: 21.5-inch or 27-inch iMac for you?
Should you go with 21.5- or 27-inch? Should you get 4K or 5K? If you're still deciding on which iMac to buy, we have some advice.
Apple announces new iMac with 10th gen Intel Processors, new webcam
Apple has today announced brand new iMac models, featuring internal upgrades for both the 27 and 21-inch models.
ByteDance CEO says 'primary goal' of President Trump is to ban TikTok
CEO of ByteDance Zhang Yiming says the "primary" goal of President Trump and Washington is to ban TikTok, rather than force its sale.
You can play some of the best PC games on your Nintendo Switch
Though you may not think so at first, there are actually a ton of games available on PC that are also available on the Nintendo Switch console. Here are our favorites.