What you need to know
- Four U.S. states will offer Apple store customers tax holidays in July and August.
- They are Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Customers can check the dates and qualifying products on Apple's website.
Four U.S. states will benefit from Apple store tax holidays in July and August, the company has confirmed on its website.
Noted by MacRumors, Apple's website states:
The four participating states are Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and Virginia, and the details of each holiday is as follows:
- Alabama - July 16-18 - To qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period. The total sales price of all exempt items cannot exceed $750, and local tax may apply. Computers and computer accessories, such as keyboards, mice, and speakers (when sold with a CPU and the total sales price does not exceed $750), qualify for this holiday.
- Missouri - Aug 6-8 - To qualify for the tax exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period by an individual for personal use. The exemption is per item purchased, and local taxes may apply. Computers and related accessories with a sales price of $1500 or less qualify for this holiday. Software with a sales price of $350 or less also qualifies for the holiday.
- South Carolina - Aug 6-8 -To qualify for the tax exemption, the purchase must be made during the sales tax holiday period by an individual for personal use. Computers, printers, printer supplies, and computer software qualify for this holiday. AppleCare and computer accessories such as displays, keyboards, mice, and scanners are also exempt when purchased with a CPU. Accessories not sold with a CPU will remain taxable during the holiday period. Earbuds, headphones, and flash drives qualify for this holiday when purchased for school use only. There isn't an upper limit on purchases in SC.
Virginia's tax holiday period is August 6-8 but only applies to iPhone chargers worth less than $60, and none of the prospective holidays includes Apple's iPhone. You can read the full details here.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Stephen Warwick has written about Apple for five years at iMore and previously elsewhere. He covers all of iMore's latest breaking news regarding all of Apple's products and services, both hardware and software. Stephen has interviewed industry experts in a range of fields including finance, litigation, security, and more. He also specializes in curating and reviewing audio hardware and has experience beyond journalism in sound engineering, production, and design.
Before becoming a writer Stephen studied Ancient History at University and also worked at Apple for more than two years. Stephen is also a host on the iMore show, a weekly podcast recorded live that discusses the latest in breaking Apple news, as well as featuring fun trivia about all things Apple. Follow him on Twitter @stephenwarwick9