What you need to know
- Hipster Whale has launched a new title exclusively on Apple Arcade.
- "Crossy Road Castle" is a cooperative platform endless runner.
- Work with your friends to climb the castle as high as possible.
Hipster Whale, the developer studio behind the popular "Crossy Road" title for iOS and Android, has unveiled a new title exclusively for Apple Arcade. "Crossy Road Castle" (opens in new tab) brings you and your friends into an endless runner together, and you all must work together to climb as high in the castle as you can.
According to the studio, the game has been designed for cooperative play and, while you can choose to play by yourself, they really recommend getting a group together for some fun "platforming chaos". The game is able to be played on one device with multiple controllers connected or through multiple devices and is also compatible with offline play if you don't have an internet connection handy.
- Play Together: Designed for cooperative arcade platforming chaos. You can also play solo, but everything's more fun with friends, right?
- Connect Easily: Connect all players on a single device with game controllers, or connect together across multiple devices (or any mix that suits you).
- Collect Everything: Unlock Crossy Chicken and friends. Dress up in silly hats.
- Find New Stuff: With procedurally generated levels and variations, your tower run will be different every time!
- Defeat an Oversized Angry Eagle: Why is it so angry?!
- Play Offline: No internet? No worries. Fully enjoyable offline.
Hipster Whale says that the game will be getting new content, like new towers and fun characters, on a regular basis.
The game is available now on the App Store (opens in new tab) and works with the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV at launch. There is no information as to when it may come to the Mac yet.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.