Markup is a new feature in the OS X Yosemite Mail app that lets you easily annotate and edit images inline. While you'll still want advanced graphics program for heavy editing, Markup makes it extremely easy to get your point across without having to launch Photoshop, Acorn, or something similar.
How to use Markup in OS X Yosemite Mail
- Launch Mail on your Mac running OS X Yosemite.
- Create a new message and click on the paperclip icon to attach an image — alternately, you can just drag and drop an image if you'd like.
- Hover your cursor over the newly inserted image and a dropdown arrow will appear in the top right corner of it.
- Click on the dropdown arrow and select Markup.
- You can now use any of the tools to add text, magnify a part of an image, add shapes, and much more.
- Use Markup to edit and annotate your image as much as you'd like. Once you're happy with your edits, click Done in the Markup toolbar.
- Once you're done, fill out the rest of your email if you haven't already and send it on its way like normal!
That's all there is to using Markup. One important note about Markup — it's not limited to just the Mail app. Markup can be accessible to any Mac app that uses Apple's standard protocols for managing text and images. So if you've attached an image in TextEdit or any other app, click on it and check for the Markup menu dropdown!
Apple's market cap surpasses value of Germany's entire DAX index
Apple's share price has jumped in pre-market trading, pushing Apple's market cap value past that of Germany's entire DAX index.
Dropbox for iPhone and iPad has been updated to support dark mode
Popular cloud storage app Dropbox has now updated its iPhone and iPad app to support dark mode.
iPhone 11 was the best seller each and every week of the holiday quarter
Apple held its quarterly earnings call yesterday and it turns out tons of people bought iPhone 11.
Protect your Fitbit Versa from wear and tear with a screen protector
There are tons of options to choose from when it comes to saving your Fitbit Versa screen. From completely protective cases to protectors that only cover the screen, you may be searching the web for a bit. We were able to round up the best options you can purchase.