Greenpois0n not only works for the AT&T iPhone 4, it will also jailbreak your Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6. I had no issues the first time out. It's pretty straight forward and pretty much the exact same process you'd use to jailbreak an AT&T iPhone 4 with Greenpois0n running iOS 4.2.1. HIt the jump to find out what you'll need. We'll also give you a quick walkthrough as well.
What you'll need
- Verizon iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.6
- Either a PC or a Mac
- Greenpois0n RC5 b4, Mac Version - PC Version
This jailbreak is also untethered so you won't have to worry about having to connect your iPhone 4 to your PC every time you want to reboot like a lot of users did under redsn0w on iOS 4.2.1 (until greenpois0n came along).
How to jailbreak
- Download Greepois0n from one of the links above (Mac or PC).
- Save it somewhere easily accessible. I always put mine in the dock of my Mac. It's easy to find if I ever need it again.
- Make sure you have backed up all of your data via a sync in iTunes before proceeding any further.
- Plug your Verizon iPhone into your computer via USB and turn it OFF.
- Launch greenpois0n
- Once you are ready to begin click Jailbreak. greenpois0n will walk you through putting your iPhone into DFU mode. If you mess up the first time, that's okay, it will fail and you can simply try again.
- After you have correctly entered DFU mode, greenpois0n will begin jailbreaking your phone. (As a side note, a lot of users reported the jailbreak failed because they did not hold the home button down long enough. I suggest holding it down for a few seconds even after the jailbreak begins installing, just to be safe.)
- Let greenpois0n do its thing. Once it says "Complete!", click it to close out greenpois0n.
- When your phone boots back up, you should see a Loader Icon on your screen, tap it.
- Then choose to install Cydia. Once it's done, close out of Loader, let your phone respring and make sure Cydia is on your homescreen.
- Once Cydia is installed, go back into Loader, tap options and uninstall Loader.
- Close out of Loader and your phone will respring one more time in order to uninstall Loader.
- Congrats! Your Verizon iPhone 4 is now jailbroken! Launch Cydia and let it update. If it asks you to do a complete or essential upgrade, click complete.
- Once it is done, you should be able to re-enter Cydia and start enjoying all kinds of fancy jailbreak tweaks and apps!
If you're new to Jailbreak aIf you have any issues or just want to talk tweaks and apps, be sure to visit our TiPb jailbreak forums. We've got lots of awesome jailbreak forum members willing to help you out and talk jailbreak!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Tim Cook agrees to testify before House antitrust committee
Tim Cook has agreed to testify before a house antitrust committee alongside the CEOs of Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
Display analyst pours cold water on iPhone 12 Pro 120Hz display claims
Will iPhone 12 Pro have a 120Hz display? We thought so, but display analyst Ross Young says not.
Enhance Recording & more coming to Voice Memos in iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur
Apple announced plenty of new iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur features during WWDC, but one that didn't get any screen time was a new Enhance Recording feature in the Voice Memos app.
Keep your teapot warm and cozy (and cute) with these cozies
Slip one of these sweet tea cozies onto your teapot to keep your tea warm. Tea cozies also add a homey flair to your kitchen, since you can choose a tea cozy to match your style.