macOS specific updates
- Initial support for dashboards and overlays with laser-pointer input support; the VR Settings dashboard as well as Steam Library/Store dashboard
- Additional GPU frame timing information in developer performance graphs
- Initial support for IVRVirtualDisplay interface
- Fixes crash during startup on macOS High Sierra 10.13
Some other general updates to SteamVR Beta
- New SteamVR Media Player [Beta] - See below
- Fixed a compatibility issue with certain USB drivers. In some cases this would prevent controllers from tracking wirelessly unless they were plugged in directly to USB first.
- SteamVR's Chaperone no longer renders when drivers provide their own (to avoid double rendering bounds).
Opting into the beta
To get the latest Beta updates for Steam VR, you must opt into the beta.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Account.
- Under "Beta participation" click CHANGE....
- Select Steam Beta Update.
- Click Restart Steam.
You'll then automatically download the beta client and all future beta updates.
What are you developing?
Are you a developer? Creating anything you'd like to tell us about? Let us know in the comments!
SENA Wallet Book Case beautifully protects your iPhone and valuables
This gorgeous case holds your iPhone as well as up to three cards plus cash securely.
'App Store Confidential' is in number one spot on Amazon thanks to Apple
The controversial "App Store Confidential" book is now the number one bestseller on Amazon. All because Apple is trying to get it banned.
AirPods Pro Lite rumors just won't go away with mid-2020 launch suggested
If AirPods and AirPods Pro aren't right for you, what about AirPods Pro Lite? A new report suggests a mid-2020 launch window.
Great video editing software for your Mac
You don't need to buy expensive video-editing software to get the job done. Here are some of the hottest video-editing software for Mac on the market today.