macOS specific updates
- Initial support for dashboards and overlays with laser-pointer input support; the VR Settings dashboard as well as Steam Library/Store dashboard
- Additional GPU frame timing information in developer performance graphs
- Initial support for IVRVirtualDisplay interface
- Fixes crash during startup on macOS High Sierra 10.13
Some other general updates to SteamVR Beta
- New SteamVR Media Player [Beta] - See below
- Fixed a compatibility issue with certain USB drivers. In some cases this would prevent controllers from tracking wirelessly unless they were plugged in directly to USB first.
- SteamVR's Chaperone no longer renders when drivers provide their own (to avoid double rendering bounds).
Opting into the beta
To get the latest Beta updates for Steam VR, you must opt into the beta.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Account.
- Under "Beta participation" click CHANGE....
- Select Steam Beta Update.
- Click Restart Steam.
You'll then automatically download the beta client and all future beta updates.
What are you developing?
Are you a developer? Creating anything you'd like to tell us about? Let us know in the comments!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!