LaunchCuts is a launcher for your iPhone and iPad shortcuts. And you can pre-order it now
What you need to know
- LaunchCuts is available for pre-order for $7.99.
- It goes on sale on January 8.
- The app makes it easier than ever to arrange and organize your shortcuts.
WorkFlow was great, and Shortcuts built on that thanks to the additional access afforded by being part of Apple. But neither app really managed to fix one longstanding problem – organization. There's just no proper way to organize shortcuts, and if you're a big user of the app that's an even bigger problem. Enter, LaunchCuts.
The app aims to make it easier to organize your shortcuts in ways never before possible. Folders, powerful sorting options, and even filtering have the potential to change how you use your shortcuts. And with support for keyboard shortcuts and more, this has the potential to be a big deal.
- Folders: Organize your shortcuts into folders.
- Smart Folders: Display shortcuts based on multiple criteria, including tags, colors, icons, shortcut type, unfiled status, and accepted input types (e.g. Text, Images, Files, and Safari Web Pages).
- Sort: Sort your shortcuts by name, color, icon, or size. Sort your folders by favorites, name, or manually.
- Adjustable Grid: See more (or less) shortcuts on screen for a given folder.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Quickly navigate between your favorite folders and launch your most-used shortcuts.
- Enhanced Search: Find shortcuts faster with wildcard searches.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your folders between all of your iCloud-connected devices.
- Multiple Windows: Create multiple instances of LaunchCuts using Split View and Slide Over on iPadOS.
- Bright Icons: Bring back the colorful icons from iOS 12.
You'll be able to take LaunchCuts for a spin come January 8, but you can pre-order it in the App Store right now. It's priced at $7.99 (opens in new tab) which is a small price to pay if you're a Shortcuts power user.
I've just started testing the app myself and I'll be reporting back on my findings ahead of launch day. Keep your eyes peeled for that.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.