What you need to know
- Logitech is rolling out new firmware for the Circle 2 camera that adds additional sensors to the Home app.
- Light and occupancy sensing come in addition to bug fixes and improvements.
- Firmware is only available for cameras that have been converted to HomeKit Secure Video.
Logitech has begun rolling out a new firmware update for Circle 2 camera owners that utilize the HomeKit Secure Video feature. The updated firmware adds 2 additional sensors to the Home app: occupancy that works as an alternative to its motion sensor, and a light sensor that measures light levels in LUX. Full release notes are as follows:
- Circle 2's PIR based "Occupancy Sensor" is accessible in HomeKit for advanced users.
- In the Home App - it can be used as an alternative to the motion sensor for automations and notifications (not recordings).
- This sensor only works in areas where the camera's view is unobstructed (will not work when the camera is placed behind a window).
- Circle 2's ALS based "Light Sensor" is accessible in HomeKit for advanced users.
- In the Home App - it can be used to view light level values in LUX.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
While having additional accessories appear in the Home app is always welcome, light based automations are currently not available using Apple's HomeKit app. However, they can be created using a third-party HomeKit app, bringing new ways to automate the home.
Firmware version 8.2.43 will be coming via an automatic update over the coming week, and cannot be requested via the Circle 2 app as it can no longer be used with cameras that have been converted to HomeKit Secure Video. Logitech also notes that HomeKit Secure Router users will need to have their cameras set to "Automatic" or "No Restriction" in order for the camera to receive the update.
The Logitech Circle 2 camera supports night vision, 2-way audio, 1080p video, and works both indoors and out, making it one of the most flexible options around. Plus it is one of just a few cameras that supports HomeKit Secure Video.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple's Black Friday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
These Nintendo Switch bundles are bound to go fast — Get them at $299 now!
The Nintendo Switch is finally back in stock for its regular retail price of $299. Do not miss your chance to get one right now. The Switch sells out fast and is rarely in stock. You won't regret it.
Looking for some last minute HomeKit gift ideas? We got you covered!
With the holiday clock ticking down, there's only a bit of time left to grab an awesome HomeKit-enabled device for that special someone.