What you need to know
- Pioneer announced three new CarPlay receivers.
- They are all wireless.
- One has a floating display and looks awesome.
Pioneer has announced a trio of new in-car receivers, all of which support Apple's wireless CarPlay feature. But while there were three announcements, the only one you're really going to want is the snappily-named DMH-WT8600NEX. Because it looks amazing.
The DMH-WT8600NEX has a floating 10.1-inch touch-based display which is magical to look at. It's designed to fit into a single DIN slot for those cars that might be a little older and don't have a lot of room to play with. The screen can be adjusted but it appears to float, creating quite the impression.
Pioneer says that the DMH-WT8600NEX will cost $1,200 although there is a smaller 9-inch model that costs $1000 – model number DMH-WT7600NEX if you were wondering.
The three wireless CarPlay receivers Pioneer announced are all part of its flagship NEX lineup and include:
- DMH-WT8600NEX (10.1 inch) / DMH-WT7600NEX (9 inch): The DMH-WT8600NEX and DMH-WT7600NEX feature an all new floating display configuration, allowing a large display to be installed using a universal 1-DIN chassis. The floating screen offers horizontal, vertical and tilt adjustability to ensure the best fit and usability in the vehicle's dash. The DMH-WT8600NEX has a suggested price of $1,200, and the DMH-WT7600NEX a suggested price of $1,000.
- DMH-WC6600NEX (9 inch): The DMH-WC6600NEX joins Pioneer's lineup of modular solution in-dash receivers introduced at CES 2019, featuring a modular design that combines a large touchscreen display with a hideaway control unit that installers can tuck into separate compartments of the vehicle. The DMH-WC6600NEX has a suggested price of $900.
- DMH-W4660NEX / DMH-W4600NEX (6.8 inch): The DMH-W4660NEX and DMH-W4600NEX are traditional 2DIN chassis for universal application in most vehicles on the road in the U.S. Both the DMH-W4660NEX and DMH-W4600NEX have a suggested price of $600.
But really, the DMH-WT8600NEX is the only one to get.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This is how to check if a used iPhone or iPad was stolen from Apple
With several Apple stores looted and their display devices stolen, make sure you know how to spot if a device was stolen from Apple.
No, this mockup isn’t the iPhone 13
There's a 3D-printed mockup doing the rounds and people claim it's the iPhone 13. But there are a few problems with that. Starting with the fact it isn't.
This is how Apple will keep people safe when reopening Apple Park
Apple has already started bringing people back to Apple Park, but things aren't how they were before COVID-19.
Geek out with these great tees for techies
Funny tees are a great way to show off your personality. If you're a techie, you're going to love this particular series of t-shirts. Find the ones you like the best and prepare to proudly geek out for everyone to see...