What you need to know
- Pioneer announced three new CarPlay receivers.
- They are all wireless.
- One has a floating display and looks awesome.
Pioneer has announced a trio of new in-car receivers, all of which support Apple's wireless CarPlay feature. But while there were three announcements, the only one you're really going to want is the snappily-named DMH-WT8600NEX. Because it looks amazing.
The DMH-WT8600NEX has a floating 10.1-inch touch-based display which is magical to look at. It's designed to fit into a single DIN slot for those cars that might be a little older and don't have a lot of room to play with. The screen can be adjusted but it appears to float, creating quite the impression.
Pioneer says that the DMH-WT8600NEX will cost $1,200 although there is a smaller 9-inch model that costs $1000 – model number DMH-WT7600NEX if you were wondering.
The three wireless CarPlay receivers Pioneer announced are all part of its flagship NEX lineup and include:
- DMH-WT8600NEX (10.1 inch) / DMH-WT7600NEX (9 inch): The DMH-WT8600NEX and DMH-WT7600NEX feature an all new floating display configuration, allowing a large display to be installed using a universal 1-DIN chassis. The floating screen offers horizontal, vertical and tilt adjustability to ensure the best fit and usability in the vehicle's dash. The DMH-WT8600NEX has a suggested price of $1,200, and the DMH-WT7600NEX a suggested price of $1,000.
- DMH-WC6600NEX (9 inch): The DMH-WC6600NEX joins Pioneer's lineup of modular solution in-dash receivers introduced at CES 2019, featuring a modular design that combines a large touchscreen display with a hideaway control unit that installers can tuck into separate compartments of the vehicle. The DMH-WC6600NEX has a suggested price of $900.
- DMH-W4660NEX / DMH-W4600NEX (6.8 inch): The DMH-W4660NEX and DMH-W4600NEX are traditional 2DIN chassis for universal application in most vehicles on the road in the U.S. Both the DMH-W4660NEX and DMH-W4600NEX have a suggested price of $600.
But really, the DMH-WT8600NEX is the only one to get.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple apologizes over police stations listed as terrorists by Siri
A Siri gaff that listed local police stations when asked "Where are the terrorists?" has been fixed, and Apple has apologized over the issue.
Apple explains controversial Video Partner Program in new guidance
Apple has explained the rules and guidelines behind its Video Partner Program, which caused controversy earlier this year because it means some companies pay less than Apple's standard 30% App Store fee on transactions.
Your iPhone can look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing with these icons
What you need to know People everywhere are creating gorgeous, customized Home screens. A market for stunning icons has popped up, too. These icons make your iPhone look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Only real fans' iPhones look like NookPhones. There's been a big explosion in the number of people customizing their iPhone Home screens of late thanks to...
Your powerful Apple Watch needs the best USB wall chargers
You've come to depend on your Apple Watch to keep you on task—don't let it run out of power! These are the best USB wall chargers available for the Apple Watch.