Pixelmator has added a new set of 12 watercolor brushes to help you create realistic watercolor paintings. The app also has a refreshed color picker, which will remember your previously-selected colors. Read below for the full list of changes:
- Unique watercolor painting technology allows creating real-life-looking watercolor paintings
- 12 new beautiful artist-designed watercolor brushes
- The new Color Picker now features the history of your previously used colors
- Use the new Color Grid in the new Color Picker to pick colors even more precisely
- Optimized Painting Engine gives you up to 2 times faster painting performance
- Now you can open 16-bit RGB, CMYK and Grayscale Photoshop image previews, as well as Photoshop images containing layer masks
- Insert an image as a new layer right from your iCloud Drive
- Use the Lock Alpha feature to paint on the non-transparent parts of a layer
- Preview of your brush while adjusting its settings
- Open and edit RAW image previews
- Full support for Adonit Jot Script, Jot Touch 4, Jot Touch with Pixelpoint styluses
- Enhanced stylus pressure sensitivity with all styluses
Attention to Detail
- Scale images without constraining proportions: Tools > Format > Arrange > Constrain Proportions
- Invert image colors with the new Invert color adjustment preset
- Open PDF files from your email or any other app
- See precise color values while selecting colors with the Eyedropper
- Adjust the settings of an effect more accurately with enhanced slider sensitivity Zoom into your image while still tweaking the effect's settings
- Rotate text more accurately with the new text rotation slider: Tools > Format > Arrange
- Toggle between full-screen mode more easily
- Optimized memory use allows to undo much faster while painting
- Cleaner Eyedropper Interface
- Refreshed look of the Gradient Picker
- Auto Save improvements
- Updated Wacom Stylus SDK for even more precise painting
- Memory leak fixes
- Fixed Eyedropper crashes that happened while rotating the device
- Fixed adding layer from Photo Stream
- Fixed transforming maximum-sized layers
- Paint freely without affecting locked or hidden layers
- Smoothly transform maximum-sized layers
- The image no longer dims when adjusting the effect's strength
You can grab Pixelmator for iPad 1.1 now from the App Store.
- $9.99 - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
"Just like on Paper*" *by 53
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.