What you need to know
- Plugable has a new range of USB-C adapters available now.
- VGA, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and HDMI adapters are available.
- They each cost $14.95 – or less if you're quick.
Apple isn't the only one that's making computers with fewer and fewer ports but it's definitely the worst offender. You can get a modern Mac portable with any port you want, so long as it's USB-C and Thunderbolt. Plugable knows that's less than ideal – will someone tell Apple, too? – so they just released four new USB-C adapters including VGA, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and HDMI.
All of the new adapters are available now and cost $14.95 apiece. But if you order quickly and take advantage of the Amazon coupon you'll save a few bucks. Here's what's on offer.
USB-C to HDMI Adapter (opens in new tab)
- Mirror or extend a 4K HDMI monitor, projector, or TV to your laptop.
- Experience Ultra HD 4K video with an HDMI 1.4 output at resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz.
USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter (opens in new tab)
- Add a DisplayPort port to connect to a monitor with fast, high-quality video via DisplayPort Alt Mode.
- Enjoy clear, crisp visuals with up to 4K 60Hz resolutions.
USB-C to VGA Adapter (opens in new tab)
- Connect an external monitor, projector, or TV via VGA to your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 laptop with clear resolutions up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
USB-C to Ethernet Adapter (opens in new tab)
- If your ethernet is slowing you down, switch to fast, reliable Gigabit Ethernet connection that keeps up with your needs.
- With driver-less installation in modern versions of Windows, Chrome OS, and macOS, users can quickly get online securely.
USB-C adapters can often be big unsightly things, but Plugable's engineered these to be as svelte as possible so they don't take up all the space in your bag.
Each adapter comes with a two-year warranty and everything is completely plug-and-play. No drivers needed here!
Again, all of the adapters are available from Amazon now with the links above – remember to clip that coupon, too.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.