Reeder, a popular RSS reading app for iPhone, has moved on up to version 3 with its latest update, bringing along a number of notable improvements. Included in the latest release is support for Split View in iOS 9, 3D Touch for previewing articles, an updated UI, and much more. Here's the full breakdown:
- Instapaper as a sync service
- Safari View Controller for in-app browsing
- iOS 9 split view support
- 3D Touch support for article previewing in the article list
- Support for iPad Pro
- List font size options
- Font options for the article viewer
- Updated UI
- Unread and starred counts for smart folders
- Hide smart folders in unread/starred view if there are no unread/starred items
- New "Archive" folder in "All items" view mode which only shows read items (no unread or starred)
Overall, version 3.0 definitely seems like it's a big improvement for fans of the app. If you'd like to check out the latest update, or try Reeder for the first time, you can hit up the App Store link below to get started.
- $4.99 - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Great update for the Safari View and split multi tasking alone. Also like the Instapaper support.
This app, and its Mac version are great for the most part. The iOS version still has one big flaw that the developer still has not fixed. If I don't use the app on my iPhone or iPad for a few days, it seems to stall while updating my RSS feeds. I use Fever for my RSS feeds. I have to completely remove my account from Reeder, and then add it again in order to get Reeder to start synching again. Wait a few days, and I have to do it all over again.
Might be your install of Fever. Hate it when people say it but, "it works fine for me" :) I can go weeks without opening Reeder on one of several devices and it all syncs up correctly.
I still dislike the icon, but love the app. Trying version 3 now.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.