Scanner Pro, one of our favorite document scanning apps for iPhone, has hit version 7.0, adding several new features. These include OCR, or optical character recognition, which allows Scanner Pro to recognize text in a picture. The app can now also correct distortions, such as those found when making a scan of a book or magazine.
Here's what you can expect from Scanner Pro 7.0:
- Text Recognition (OCR): You asked, so we did it. Convert any scan into a text that can be selected and copied. Scanner Pro supports 12 languages recognition: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, Swedish and Norwegian.
- Distortion Correction: Scan open books, magazines or any other paper documents and get distortion-free images.
- Workflows: Send an email with a defined recipient, upload to Dropbox and save document to the required folder. Using workflows, you can perform all these actions in just one tap.
- Improved Color Processing: We enhanced the quality of color processing so documents with original pictures, color stamps and signatures look even better.
- Much easier to use: We refined major screens to make Scanner Pro 7 both faster and easier to use.
Scanner Pro 7.0 is available now on the App Store, for the discounted price of $3.99 for a limited time.
- $3.99 (limited time) - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
How does this app compare to Scannable by Evernote?
Interesting, thanks for the review. How does this compare to CamScanner Pro? My use case is photo-scanning the pages of bound books.
I'll join in with the same question. When I bought mine I did a lot of research and comparisons and eventually decided that ScanBot was the best by a country mile. How does this compare to ScanBot? Also, this kind of reads like a paid advertisement. For instance all these "new" features (distortion correction, OCR, etc.) have been standard items on all the other scanning programs for ages. How good could this thing possibly be if they are only now adding them?
Scanbot is great. Was able to pull previous scans from iCloud and Dropbox when I restored my phone. Readdle said theirs wouldn't do that it was one way sync.
It could be the best scan app out there, but I'm not installing anything with an icon that fugly.
See http://thesweetsetup.com/apps/best-scanning-app-ios/. Although that survey review is only a couple of weeks old, it just missed the new release of Scanner Pro, so perhaps today Scanner Pro would be no. 1.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.