SleepHealth uses IBM's Watson Health Cloud to study how you sleep
IBM has announced a partnership with the American Sleep Apnea Association to launch a new sleep study app, SleepHealth. Developed using Apple's ResearchKit framework, SleepHealth can measure your daily activity and track your sleep patterns, helping you better understand how you sleep. It also comes with an Apple Watch app for more accurate tracking.
Here are the major features of SleepHealth:
Record and track your:
- Physical activity through your iPhone or a HealthKit-linked device
- Alertness level each day, testing your reaction time to a stimulus
- Morning and evening checks to understand how your actions actions throughout the day affect your sleep, and how the quality and quantity of your sleep affect your daily actions
Receive reminders and notifications about:
- Your activity and sleep
- Activities and surveys to complete
- Learn about your activity level
- Learn about sleep disorders and their effects
- Receive frequent updates on sleep research and news through the newsfeed
SleepHealth is the first ReasearchKit app to utilized IBM's Watson Health Cloud, which allows researchers to aggregate data from the study, analysing it to find patterns and connections using machine learning.
You can grab SleepHealth from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.