What you need to know
- "South of the Circle" is coming soon to Apple Arcade.
- The game follows Peter, who is marooned in Antarctica during the Cold War.
- It comes from State of Play Games, the minds behind "Lumino City."
Apple has announced that it is bringing a new narrative adventure game to Apple Arcade. Yesterday, the Apple Arcade Twitter account announced that it will be adding "South of the Circle" to its growing catalog of games.
As the game description tells, "South of the Circle" follows the story of Peter, a Cambridge academic who finds himself marooned in Antarctica in the 1960s. The game is a love story that focuses on "memory, survival, and the consequences of not dealing with the past."
Cambridge academic Peter stumbles from the wreckage in search of help, fighting the cold. As his attempts to escape the ice grow more desperate, the lines between his past and present begin to blur. A love story between colleagues Peter and Clara, set against the backdrop of the Cold War, South of the Circle is a narrative adventure game about memory, survival, and the consequences of not dealing with the past.
The title comes from State of Play Games, the minds behind other titles such as "KAMI," "Lumino City," "INKS.," and "Lume." "South of the Circle" will be available to play on the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac.
- Compelling and immersive narrative with a unique sense of time and place
- Fully motion captured performances to achieve emotional realism, from a cast including Gwilym Lee (Bohemian Rhapsody), Olivia Vinall (The Woman in White), Richard Goulding (Belgravia), Anton Lesser (Game of Thrones), Adrian Rawlins (Chernobyl), and Michael Fox (Downton Abbey)
- Nuanced emotional choices with a unique symbol-based mechanic
- Rich, authentic environments
- Deeply researched 1960s setting
- Exploration, discovery, and environmental storytelling woven through the narrative
- From State of Play Games, developers of BAFTA winning Lumino City, BAFTA nominated KAMI 2 and Apple Design Award Winner INKS
Apple Arcade subscribers can sign up to be notified when "South of the Circle" launches on the service now. Check out a teaser trailer for the game below:
Unlimited games, one price
Apple Arcade has over a hundred premium games with more added regularly each week. There is something here for everyone, and it only costs $5 a month for all you can game!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Protect your iPad Air 4 and add some personal flair with a great case
The iPad Air 4 is a powerful tablet that will let you do work, play games, and get creative. If you want to get the most out of your iPad Air 4, a well-designed case will go a long way.