What you need to know
- SwitchGlass is available now.
- It's an app that gives you a dedicated way to switch apps.
- It's like the spiritual successor to DragThing.
SwitchGlass is a new app that gives users more control over app switching and it was created to replace the popular DragThing app that was killed off recently.
DragThing was a 32-bit app and wasn't updated to 64-bit when macOS Catalina ceased support for older apps.
But why might you need another app switcher when macOS already has the Dock? I'll let developer John Siracusa explain.
SwitchGlass is for people who want an interface element dedicated entirely to application switching, with a customizable appearance and location for each attached display. When used alongside the Dock, SwitchGlass provides a second target for mouse-based app switching. With the Dock hidden, it provides an app-switching interface without any clutter from the other functions of the Dock.
Siracusa also covered off some of the things users can do with SwitchGlass installed.
- Click an app icon to bring all windows from that app to the front.
- Hold down the Shift key while clicking an app icon to bring just one window from that app to the front.
- Right-click (or Control-click) an app icon to activate a context menu from which you can show or hide an app.
- Drag one or more files onto an app icon to open those files with the app.
- Hold down the Command key while clicking on an app icon to reveal the app in the Finder.
If SwitchGlass sounds like something that could improve your Mac life you can download it now from the Mac App Store for $4.99.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple has its first Primetime Emmy with Billy Crudup and 'The Morning Show'
Apple TV+ has its first Primetime Emmy win on the board and it surely won't be the last.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
WeChat ban has been blocked by U.S. District Court
The Trump administration's ban on WeChat was set to go into effect today, but a U.S. district court judge just blocked it.
Pick the best Eufy RoboVac for you with our handy guide
Eufy makes some pretty compelling robotic vacuums and there are a lot to choose from. With a vast difference between the lower end, more affordable models and the smarter, connected, high end options, there are many factors to consider when deciding which model would be best for your household. We have compared the best of Eufy's RoboVac range here so you can find the right one for you.