What you need to know
- T-Mobile has launched "Internet Freedom."
- The program attempts to make it easy to switch to T-Mobile's home internet from other providers.
- The company is launching a ton of incentives for customers to make the switch.
T-Mobile is done with the carriers and wants to go up against the...un-carriers?
In a press release (opens in new tab), the company announced "Internet Freedom," a new effort by the company to get you to switch from your current internet provider to T-Mobile's 5G home internet. In addition to launching the consumer-focused program, the company also said that its T-Mobile Business Internet is now available nationwide.
T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert said that the company created the new side of its business to "fix a stupid, broken wireless industry."
With Internet Freedom, customers can try T-Mobile's home internet for 15 days and, if they choose to keep it, the company will cover switching costs from their current provider and also lock in your price.
- Cheat on your Internet Provider with Test Drive. Customers can try Home Internet for 15 days, worry-free. If they like it, great! If not, return the gateway and owe nothing. It's 100% On Us. And because it's totally wireless, they can even keep their old provider while they try it.
- Break up with your provider and T-Mobile will cover the cost. When customers are ready to switch, they can break their contract and break up with their internet provider, at no cost because T-Mobile will cover all early termination fees up to $500.
- Rest easy with Price Lock. Now, Home and Business Internet plans come with Price Lock, so a customer's price is locked in at just $50 per month, period, because there are no monthly taxes or fees. And it's not locked in for one or two years, but for as long as they're a customer. Only they can change what they pay for broadband.
The company has also revealed that, if you have a T-Mobile Magenta MAX family plan, you'll get the service for $30 per month. T-Mobile treats it simply as another line on your plan.
To go even further, the company is offering $50 off a streaming device. 50% off YouTube TV for a year. Customers who are interested in seeing if T-Mobile's home internet is available in their area can find out on the T-Mobile website (opens in new tab).
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
we've undoubtedly changed if for good. ????? Do you mean it for good?
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.