VLC for iPhone and iPad has been updated, making improvements to the interface, adding support for iPad multitasking in iOS 9 and the iPad Pro, and introducing a completely re-written Apple Watch app. The flexible media player, which allows you to playback a diverse set of media from different sources, has added support for SMB file sharing, Touch ID, and multi-disk album playback.
VLC 2.7 for iPhone and iPad contains the following improvements and additions:
- Dropped support for iOS 6.1. VLC requires iOS 7.0 now
- Added support for SMB file sharing
- Re-wrote Apple Watch extension for watchOS 2
- Media stored in folders on remote servers is now played as a list
- Reworked networking UI
- Added support for system-wide search "CoreSpotlight"
- Added improved UI support for Right-to-Left languages
- Added support for the split-screen appearance in iOS 9
- Added support for Touch ID to unlock app
- Added option to configure playback continuation
- Added option to configure gestures
- Added support for music albums with more than 1 disk
- Display chapter duration in playback UI
- Recently played network stream URL are now shared across all devices
- Stored login information is now shared across all devices
- Cloud login credentials are now shared across all devices
You can grab VLC 2.7 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Looking forward to the Apple TV app.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.