VLC for iPhone and iPad has been updated, making improvements to the interface, adding support for iPad multitasking in iOS 9 and the iPad Pro, and introducing a completely re-written Apple Watch app. The flexible media player, which allows you to playback a diverse set of media from different sources, has added support for SMB file sharing, Touch ID, and multi-disk album playback.
VLC 2.7 for iPhone and iPad contains the following improvements and additions:
- Dropped support for iOS 6.1. VLC requires iOS 7.0 now
- Added support for SMB file sharing
- Re-wrote Apple Watch extension for watchOS 2
- Media stored in folders on remote servers is now played as a list
- Reworked networking UI
- Added support for system-wide search "CoreSpotlight"
- Added improved UI support for Right-to-Left languages
- Added support for the split-screen appearance in iOS 9
- Added support for Touch ID to unlock app
- Added option to configure playback continuation
- Added option to configure gestures
- Added support for music albums with more than 1 disk
- Display chapter duration in playback UI
- Recently played network stream URL are now shared across all devices
- Stored login information is now shared across all devices
- Cloud login credentials are now shared across all devices
You can grab VLC 2.7 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A Reddit hack has plastered popular subreddits with pro-Trump messages
Reddit is investigating a series of vandalized communities which have been plastered with pro-Trump messages. Compromised moderators may be the source of the attacks.
Go beyond the Wall in Apple Arcade's Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows
"Game of Thrones" fans can now explore the lands beyond the Wall on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Review: The Porsche Taycan can stream Apple Music, no phone or data needed
The 2020 Porsche Taycan is a sweet ride, but it's also the first to fully integrate Apple Music into its own infotainment system — without your phone or data.
Train insane with the best fitness trackers for triathletes
These fitness trackers are the cream of the crop when it comes to health and fitness tracking for triathlon training. Which tracker will you need? Here's what our research shows.