Best of iMore: OS X Mavericks goes 4K, iPhone 6 could go 3x
Every week at iMore we publish more breaking news, in-depth reviews, helpful how-tos, and editorial views than you can shake an apple at. While we're waiting for the week that will be to begin, here's a look back at the week that was, and at the very best iPhone, iPad, Mac, app, and accessory coverage we brought you! This week Apple released new versions of OS X Mavericks, iTunes, and more, iPhone 6 and iOS 8 rumors heated up, and Facebook broke your Newsfeed, and we debuted the TV Show. Check it out!
- iMore show 402: 3x iPhone, multi-window iPad: Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac joins me and Peter to talk about all the rumors leading into WWDC 2013. Must listen!
- Iterate 67: Denys Zhadanov of Readdle talks marketing and the App Store: PDFExpert, Documents 5, Calendar 5, Scanner Pro, and more. Go behind the scenes on your favorite productivity apps!
- Vector 40: The future of screen size and display density: Could Apple go 3x or 4x for the iPhone 6? How is Android hitting 2K? Marc Edwards dives deep into displays!
- The TV Show 1: Pilot: Dave Wiskus and I have a new show where we talk about the week in TV. Mad Men, Big Bang Theory, 24, Arrow, SHIELD, Game of Thrones, and more!
- Sponsor and support the iMore and Mobile Nations podcasts!: If you want to sponsor a show, or support us by supporting our sponsors, here's how!
- iTunes 11.2.1 review: Peter takes a look at the latest version of iTunes, including its podcasting improvements, and... asks Apple to take a sledgehammer to it.
- One on one with the Apple Store's One to One training: My reviews the One to One personal training program offered by Apple Retail Stores.
- OS X 10.9.3 review: Is this the Mavericks we've been waiting for?: Peter dives deep into the latest update for Apple's latest desktop operating system. 4K anyone?
- Why high bit-rate and HD audio are all about marketing, not music: Don't believe the hype, there are more important things that need improving.
- Apple's Nokia hire shows it takes iPhone photography seriously: Apple's got a new engineer who's really good at helping phones take better pictures. So how can he help the iPhone?
- Apple: iTunes 11.2 /Users folder disappeared because of file permission problem: OS X 10.9.3 + iTunes 11.2 + Find my Mac caused some problems. Here's what happened and why.
- Heathrow says Terminal 5 signage and branding haven't changed, Samsung being 'tongue-in-cheek': It's Samsung said vs. Heathrow said and we're caught right in the middle of it!
- Bentley's latest ad was shot with iPhones and assembled on an iPad and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6 rumored to have larger, 1704 x 960 display: Apple's going bigger with the 2014 iPhone, is this how they'll do it?
- iOS 8 rumored to bring split-screen multitasking to the iPad: Multi-windowing — two or more apps on screen at one time — is something Apple's shied away from, but could that be about to change?
- Apple releases iTunes Connect 3, adds iOS 7 design, music, movie, TV management: Big news not only for developers, but movie, TV, and music publishers now as well!
- Best photo filter apps for iPhone: Snapseed, Litely, Mextures, and more!: Ally takes a look at the best ways to make your bad photos good and your good photos great!
- Flappy Bird will make triumphant return in August: You can argue whether it's fun or terrible, but Flappy Bird's popularity can't be denied. And it's coming back.
- Best text editing apps for iPad: Editorial, Byword, Writer Pro, and more!: If you write for fun, school, or work, these are the best ways to do it on the iPad.
- Best expense tracking apps for iPhone: Concur, Expensify, Mileage Log+, and more!: Everyone wants your money. Keep track of where it's going so you can try to get some back!
- How to quickly delete photos and videos to free up storage on your iPhone or iPad: Because nothing's worse than trying to take an important photo only to realize you're out of space.
- How to find 'Most Recent' Newsfeed in Facebook 10.0 for iOS: Facebook done messed up and moved the Most Recent Newsfeed off the top and into the sidebar. Here's how to find it.
- How to delete songs in the Music app to free up space on your iPhone or iPad
- USB vs. Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi: The best way to tether to your iPhone or iPad!
- How to use Mac Recovery System to restore Mavericks: If OS X is hosed and your Mac just won't work, here's how to restore Mavericks fully and completely.
Your most important story of the week?
That's just some of what we published last week. What do you consider the most important story? Did we list it or did we miss it? Let me know!