Editorial, the powerful text editor for iPhone and iPad, has received a major update, adding customizable templates, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support, and more.
The versatile Editorial text editor for iPhone and iPad has added a number of new enhancements in version 1.2. The app now features customizable document templates for all three of its supported formats. To help you focus on what you're writing, Editorial has also added folding, which hides sections of your document while you write.
Editorial has also added quick settings for editor-related functions. Check out the list below for all of the changes that come in Editorial 1.2:
- Folding – This allows you to hide sections of a document while writing – just tap the triangle next to a header; this works for Markdown, TaskPaper, and Fountain documents.
- Customizable document templates – this allows you to add entries to the "new file" menu. Each template is a full-fledged workflow, so it's possible to choose the filename and contents of a new document based on a text input dialog, the current date, etc.
- Quick settings – Tap the "Aa" button to adjust editor-related settings while writing. This includes a new "Text Zoom" option to make changing the overall font size easier. The new "Arrange Paragraphs" mode allows you to move lines in a document via drag'n'drop, just like in TaskPaper mode, but for all kinds of documents. By popular demand, there's also an option to turn off the extra on-screen keyboard row, in case you prefer writing with a hardware keyboard.
- Improved support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Improved in-editor search, including a "Highlight All" option in the editing menu that allows you to highlight occurrences of a word within the document without typing anything into the search bar
- Multiple tabs and various other improvements in the web browser, e.g. support for filling in passwords using the 1Password app extension (if installed)
- Multiple preview themes and improved editing for themes with HTML/CSS syntax highlighting
- CriticMarkup syntax highlighting in Markdown mode
- TaskPaper checkboxes are now also available on iPhone
- New Fountain mode for writing screenplays
- New interactive workflow building tutorial
- New Python modules for accessing Twitter accounts and reminders
- More bundled workflows
- Significantly improved accessibility for VoiceOver users
- Improved support for third-party browsers (e.g. Chrome, Opera Mini)
Editorial 1.2 can be found on the App Store right now.
- $6.99 - Download Now