How to change which email account you send from on your iPhone and iPad
If you've got multiple email accounts set up on your iPhone or iPad, the Mail app will automatically send a new message from your default account, or a reply from whichever account received the email. However, you can not only change you default account, but you can also quickly and easily change which account you're sending emails from at any time.
- How to set a default email account on your iPhone and iPad
- How to switch between email accounts on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Scroll down the page quite a ways until you see an option for Default Account. Tap on it.
- Tap on the account you'd like to be the default account for composing mail.
- Tap the Home button to return to the Home screen. That's all there is to it. Your iPhone or iPad will now remember which account is the default for composing emails.
- Launch the Mail app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Compose button in the bottom right hand corner of the main mailbox screen.
- You'll see a section on the top that shows what account the email is currently coming from. Tap on it once and you'll notice the From section will now jump into it's own field.
- Tap on the From field one more time in order to change the email account you're sending from. You'll now see a ticker that allows you to switch between accounts. Simply tap on the one you'd like to choose.
- That's all there is to it. Your new mail message will now be sent from the account you've selected.