How to send calendar event invitations using the iPhone or iPad
When you're creating an event or appointment in the built-in Calendar app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, you might want to add other people to it, and alert them about it. That's where invitations come in. If you're using a calendar service that supports it, like Apple's iCloud or Microsoft's Exchange, all you need are the email addresses you want to invite, and a few simple screen taps.
How to share an event on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPhone and iPad
- Either create a new event or tap an existing event you'd like to share.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on Invitees under the Edit options menu.
- Either start typing the name of a contact, or tap on the blue + button in the right of the to field to access your Contacts list.
- Tap the contact name and, if they have multiple email addresses, tap the email address you want to send the invitation to.
- Repeat the process for each person you'd like to invite.
- Tap the Done button in the upper right hand corner when you're finished.
The invitation will now be sent by email to everyone you've added.
How to accept an event invitation on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Inbox button in the lower right hand corner, or tap on the grayed out event that appears outlined in your event list
- Tap accept to add the event to your calendar. Tap decline or maybe to refuse the invitation or wait so you can decide later.