How to send calendar event invitations using the iPhone or iPad
When you're creating an event or appointment in the built-in Calendar app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, you might want to add other people to it, and alert them about it. That's where invitations come in. If you're using a calendar service that supports it, like Apple's iCloud or Microsoft's Exchange, all you need are the email addresses you want to invite, and a few simple screen taps.
- How to share an event on your iPhone and iPad
- How to accept an event invitation on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPhone and iPad
- Either create a new event or tap an existing event you'd like to share.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on Invitees under the Edit options menu.
- Either start typing the name of a contact, or tap on the blue + button in the right of the to field to access your Contacts list.
- Tap the contact name and, if they have multiple email addresses, tap the email address you want to send the invitation to.
- Repeat the process for each person you'd like to invite.
- Tap the Done button in the upper right hand corner when you're finished.
The invitation will now be sent by email to everyone you've added.
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Inbox button in the lower right hand corner, or tap on the grayed out event that appears outlined in your event list
- Tap accept to add the event to your calendar. Tap decline or maybe to refuse the invitation or wait so you can decide later.