Calendar lets you can create and edit appointments, share agendas, invite friends and colleagues to events, get alerted, stay on track and — most importantly — on time! You can set up Calendar to work with Apple's iCloud, Google Calendar, Microsoft's Outlook, and even CalDav calendars from your own or your company's servers. What's more, thanks to Siri, you can add, review, and even change appointments quickly and easily, and with the power of your voice.
Since iOS has a unified calendar database, whatever you add or change in Calendar will also be reflected in any third-party calendars you have installed, and vice-versa. Yes, everything is unified and stays organized, regardless of where or how you prefer to use it.
How to set up Calendar on iPhone and iPad
Whether you use Apple's iCloud, Google's Gmail, Microsoft's Outlook or Exchange, or something else, it's easy to set up all your calendar accounts and have them sync to your iPhone or iPad. You can enable iCloud when you first set up your new iPhone or iPad, or enable any service at any time in Settings.
- How to set up iCloud calendars on your iPhone or iPad
- How to set up Google Calendar on your iPhone or iPad
- How to set up Google Sync on iPhone and iPad
- How to add Outlook calendars to your iPhone or iPad
- How to set up Exchange calendar on your iPhone or iPad
- How to set up CalDAV on your iPhone or iPad
How to customize Calendar in iPhone and iPad
Apple's Calendar app for iPhone and iPad lets you schedule everything from your workday to your household chores. It also lets you keep everything organized by color coding your calendars, setting time zones, setting calendar types — including Chinese, Hebrew, and Islamic — and even customizing default alerts. All so you can have your calendar your way!
- How to change colors in Calendar for iPhone and iPad
- How to set a custom time zone for Calendar in iPhone and iPad
- How to change the calendar type in iPhone and iPad
- How to change the Default Alert Times for Calendar events in iPhone and iPad
How to add and manage calendar events on iPhone and iPad
The Calendar app for iPhone and iPad provides a great way to keep track of all your appointments and events. While it's faster to use Siri to create basic events to add to your calendar, if you need more precise control, or if you want to edit existing event details, you can do it the old fashioned way: by tapping your way through all the options!
- How to create a calendar event on your iPhone or iPad
- How to edit a calendar event on your iPhone or iPad
- How to delete a calendar event on your iPhone or iPad
- How to add links and notes to calendar events on iPhone and iPad
- How to view links and notes in calendar events on iPhone and iPad
- How to get travel times with Calendar for iPhone and iPad
How to share calendar events on iPhone and iPad
Apple helps you stay organized by letting you publish calendars on its iCloud service, and then share them with other people. It's great for when you have to plan events, whether they're conferences for work, or family vacations. Best of all, it's built right into your Calendar app on iPhone and iPad!
- How to make an iCloud calendar public on your iPhone or iPad
- How to share an iCloud calendar on your iPhone or iPad
- How to see shared events you previously declined in Calendar for iPhone and iPad
- How to manage all shared calendar events on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Family Sharing with the Calendar app
How to use Calendar with Siri
Since Siri is meant to be your personal assistant, it only makes sense to have it schedule and manage your meetings and events on your iPhone or iPad. Asking Siri to create a calendar event only takes a few seconds and is much faster than creating them manually and entering all the data yourself. Whether you need Siri to schedule a meeting, tell you what's on the agenda for the day, or move an existing meeting to another time to make room for a conference call or a power nap, Siri will help make sure your schedule is set.
- How to create a calendar event with Siri
- How to update a calendar event with Siri
- How to cancel a calendar event with Siri
- How to view and check your Calendar with Siri
Any Calendar questions?
If you've got questions about the Calendar app, drop them in the comments below!