How to share a contact card using iMessage
If you need to quickly send contact information from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it's and easy task with iMessage or even good, old-fashioned SMS. As long as you have the information listed in your Contacts app, you're only a few taps away from sharing a vCard file (vcf) containing phone numbers, email, street addresses, and much more.
How to share a contact card via iMessage using the iOS Contacts app
- Launch the Contacts app on your iPhone or iPad and find the contact you'd like to share. On the iPhone you can alternately use the Phone app if you'd prefer.
- Now tap on Share Contact towards the bottom.
- Tap on Message.
- Type the name of the person you'd like to share it with and select them.
- Now tap Send.
How to share a contact card via iMessage using the Mac Contacts app
- Launch the Contacts app on your Mac.
- Find the contact you'd like to share and select it.
- Click the Share button in the lower right hand corner.
- Select Message Card.
- Enter the person's name you'd like to send it to and click Send.
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out: