Apple has just unleashed iTunes Movies in the Cloud internationally, including the U.K., Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and parts of Latin American, Asia Pacific, and Europe. If you just got iTunes Movies in the Cloud in your country, you can now re-download many -- but not all -- your iTunes Store movie purchases on iTunes on Mac or Windows, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV. Here's how!
How to re-download iTunes music, movies, & TV shows with iCloud
Re-downloading movies is a little more complicated than re-downloading apps simply because licensing restrictions don't allow it in all areas (yet). Here's a current listing of where iTunes in the Cloud movies are available for re-downloading.
- Launch the iTunes app.
- Tap on the Purchased tab along the bottom of the navigation menu.
- Tap the View button at the top left to choose between movies, music, or TV shows (options vary by region, not all may be present).
- Tap Not on this iPhone/iPod/iPad.
- Scroll through the list to find the content you're looking for.
- Tap on the iCloud download button to re-download the content to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
- Enter your iTunes password, if requested, to confirm.
Your content will download to your Video app.
And that's it! Now you don't have to worry -- at least not as much! -- about iTunes movies filling up all your disk or device space, or losing your movie files if they don't backup. Just tap, download, and watch.
How to get more help with iCloud
If you still need help with any iCloud feature, head on over to our iCloud Forum and ask away!