iOS 4 app updates: BeeJiveIM, iHound, Line2, Omnifocus, PCalc
We’ve been keeping our eye out as more iOS 4 app updates keep hitting the App Store filled with multitasking, state saving, Retina Display-ing goodness.
Hit the jump to see some of the latest we’ve found!
BeeJiveIM with Push 4.0
One of the best IM clients on iPhone gets better with:
- iOS 4.0 compatibility. Background support for iOS 4.0 devices.
- iPhone 4 compatibility. Enhanced image resolution for Retina Display.
[iTunes link - $9.99]
We spoke with iHound back at Macworld and now their already solid location tracking service has been beefed up:
If your device supports multi-tasking, then it checks in with the iHound server every 10 minutes, and the following new features become available for you in your Security Dashboard at www.ihoundsoftware.com:
PowerSave Tracking: Your device determines its location, transmits to the server, then shuts down until the next check-in.
Full On Tracking: Your device's GPS will run continually as iHound transmits to the server every 30 seconds.
Siren: Plays a siren alarm on your device. It will not quit until you shut it off from the web site.
[$3.99 - iTunes link]
No Google Voice app on iPhone? No problem, Line2 offers many of the same services, some extras for business, and now background support so you can use it like a real phone replacement. (Requires Line2 service).
- Receive calls while Line2 is in the background
- Continue talking on a call even when you switch away to another app
[Free - iTunes link]
They had us at the purple brush-metal icon.
- In preparation for the new high-resolution display on iPhone 4 we've refreshed all of the artwork in OmniFocus. We hope you like the new look!
- OmniFocus now uses local notifications to present due alerts when running on iOS 4 or later, so you can receive alerts for due tasks even if you're not syncing with a server. (Synced calendar alerts are still available for devices which are running earlier versions of the operating system.)
- OmniFocus is now a multitasking-aware application, allowing it to be quickly suspended and resumed on iOS 4.
- OmniFocus can complete some operations in the background on iOS 4, such as optimizing its database.
- The Completed perspective now includes items from completed projects, not just active projects.
- Fixed a bug which prevented audio from recording in OmniFocus 1.6.5.
- Fixed a crash when tapping "Save" while audio recording was still in progress.
[$19.99 - iTunes link]
If it's beyond 2 + 3 = apple, it's beyond me but smart mathamagicians like Leanna tell me numbers are good and PCalc has consistently been one of the best. Now it's better. And sharper.
- Added support for iOS 4.0 and fast app switching.
- Added support for the Retina display on the iPhone 4.
[$9.99 - iTunes link]
That’s what we’ve found so far, but if you find any you think deserve a post-up let us know in the comments or send us a tip!